Motivation is fleeting. And as we all know, relying solely on something that is inconsistent and unreliable is POINTLESS.
You all know that one friend you have that bails on every event, never calls or texts back, makes promises that are never kept? Yeah, that’s also your motivation.
Every successful person in the world will attest to the fact that if you rely on motivation you will lose. No question.
So what do you actually need in order to achieve your goals and be successful?
- Self Discipline: Self discipline is doing what you NEED to do, when you need to do it even when you don’t FEEL like it. It’s removing the emotion and getting shit done! So how do you become self disciplined?
- Harness your WHY. What is it that is making you want to succeed? Find a why SO powerful you breathe it in every day.
- Practice makes perfect. Meditation, affirmations and visualization help with this immensely. I recommend reading The Miracle Morning to begin the process of learning to be self disciplined.
- Habits: Habits are the things you do every day without thinking. They are pathways in your brain that are so well-traveled there is no resistance to them. Think of a path in the forest that you create by walking day in and day out. It’s not magically smooth and nature-free. It takes time and repetition. Same with habits. You need to repeat repeat repeat to create them. But in order to create these habits you need step number 1 first: the self discipline to do so.
- Accountability: You will falter, you will slip up and you will have failures. If left to your own devices you are more likely to fail. In fact people who have accountability towards a goal are 75% more likely to achieve it than those who have told no one or have no accountability.
To check out my live video on the whole concept visit me at: https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fmomstheverb%2Fvideos%2F1763619067280537%2F&show_text=0&width=560“>Motivation is Bullsh*t!
So there you have it. Become self disciplined, develop the habits you need and tell someone to hold you to your commitments and you can do anything!!